I absolutely love capturing all of the elements that my couples have carefully chosen for their wedding day, even the smallest finishing touches! Typically, on a wedding day, I need about 45 minutes to style & capture details. And, not to worry, during this time my second shooter will be taking candid getting-ready photos of you and your crew hanging out and finishing up makeup and hair so no moments are missed.
A big part of elevating your flat lay designs is with the styling kit I bring which includes mats, dishes, ring boxes, etc. plus the floral stems I get from your florist. It’s a good idea to request a small bouquet of flat-lay florals that your photographer can pick blooms from to elevate your details and showcase the florists work as well. Trust me, this extra step is WORTH IT!
Here’s a checklist of things to bring and have on hand on your wedding day to help elevate your detail photos and turn them into editorial-worthy images:
- Rings (engagement and both sets of wedding bands)
- 2 full sets of your invitation suite including envelopes & stamps
- Bonus points if you send me a picture of your full invitation suite ahead of time
- OR super bonus points if you mail me your invitation suite in an envelope ahead of time!!
- Any other paper stationery such as program cards, dinner menu, etc.
- Extra wax stamps & stamper itself
- Shoes from both spouses
- Veil and/or hair pieces
- Jewelry, watch, cuff links, tiebar, etc.
- Perfume and/or cologne
- Bowtie or tie and pocket square
- Vow books
- Flat lay florals (ask your florist for this ahead of time)
- Custom hanger for gowns if you have one
- Guest favors if those are unique or special
- Extra cut of fabric if you are incorporating any custom patterns, colors or textures into your wedding day design
- Any other sentimental keepsakes you would like to include